Article table of contents
I. What is japonica rice?
japonica rice (or Sinica rice) is one of Asia’s two main rice varieties. This type of rice is usually very short in shape, widely grown and consumed in China, Japan, Taiwan…
Rice when cooked will be white, flexible, soft and smooth, when cooled, it will still retain its flexibility. Therefore, this type of rice is chosen and preferred by many families.
1. Origin, origin
The origin of this rice is from Japan, then imported to Vietnam. The main growing areas of this rice are some provinces such as Dong Thap, An Giang and some other western provinces.
2. Characteristics of japonica rice
Rice is white in color, the rice grains are short, round, and very fine. When cooked, the rice will be white, very flexible, even when cooled, you can still feel the plasticity of the rice.
Rice has a gentle, delicate aroma and is very attractive to users. Rice has a higher stickiness than other types of rice due to its higher amylopectin content. Mainly contains substances such as glucose, lipids, proteins, sugars, vitamins and minerals.
2.1. Growth time
Growing time of variety japonica rice about 120 days. This time is judged as neither early nor late. Because the short-term rice will have a time of 90-100 days, the long-term rice will have a time of 140-180 days.
Similar to other rice varieties, japonica rice has two seasons: Summer – Autumn and Winter – Spring. This is the best time for rice to grow and develop.
2.2. Planting area
The popular growing area of this rice variety is in several Asian countries. Typically: Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Taiwan… In Vietnam, this rice variety is popularly grown in a few western provinces such as An Giang, Dong Thap. In Bac Kan, it is also used to grow this type of rice, but it is not as popular as in the West.
Same japonica rice are often intercropped in shrimp fields.
This rice is easy to identify compared to other types of rice. Based on short, large, fine and plump grain size. With the naked eye, we can easily identify this type of rice.
In terms of color, the rice grain has a beautiful clear white color and is easy to distinguish from other types of rice.
II. Nutritional value that japonica rice brings
japonica rice is not only a delicious rice, has an attractive taste and is also very healthy strong. Rice grains are rich in nutritious vitamins such as: B1, B2, vitamin E… and minerals magnesium, manan…
Besides, the starch and protein in rice also help provide a large amount of nutrients. Nutritional content in 100 grams of rice is as follows:
- Energy: 330 Kcal
- Carbohydrate: 77 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 grams
- Calcium: 4 mg
- Potassium: 50 mg
- Protein: 5 mg.
III. Distinguishing japonica rice provided by Thien Phu Si compared to other types of rice
This type of rice is usually very distinguishable from others on the market. We can easily distinguish this type of rice by its shape and size.
While other types of Vietnamese rice are usually long and slim, japonica rice< /span> is quite short in size.
IV. Advantages and disadvantages of the product
As a famous and very popular rice, japonica also has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Talking about advantages, japonica has outstanding advantages such as:
- Rice when cooked is very flexible, sweet, rich in flavor and has a gentle aroma. Even if the rice is cold, it is delicious to eat.
- Rice is white, the grain is large and round, so when cooked, it looks very nice.
- Nutritional rice, rich in antioxidants and healthy minerals.
In addition to the advantages, this type of rice also has some disadvantages such as:
- This rice will not be able to cook in the usual Vietnamese way, so it will cause many difficulties when cooking.
- Rice if cooked improperly, it will be very hard and tasteless
- If not preserved well, the rice will be easily changed.
- Storing rice for too long will cause deterioration of rice, when cooked, it will no longer be flexible and fragrant.</ li>
V. Uses of rice
The Japanese are very health conscious, so their choice of rice will also be very careful. japonica rice is popular in Japan, which proves that this rice has many special uses. Some outstanding uses of this product are:
- Rice is rich in antioxidants, nutrients, minerals. This will have the effect of regenerating protein and starch energy.
- Helps balance blood sugar and increase resistance. Therefore, japonica is very good for people with liver disease, asthma, low blood pressure…
- In addition, rice also offers a few other uses such as: dehumidifying, keeping utensils fresh…
EN. How to cook and store rice
This type of rice has a recipe that is different from the usual Vietnamese recipe. Besides, if cooked improperly, the rice will not taste good. Below, we will show you how to cook rice and store it properly.
1. Cooking instructions for rice japonica
To have a delicious rice cooker, we will perform the following steps:
- Step 1: Before cooking, we need to soak the rice for 30 minutes to soften the rice grains. When cooking, the rice will be flexible, soft and not crushed.
- Step 2: Wash the rice 2-3 times to remove dirt in the rice grains.
- Step 3: Use boiling water to cook rice according to the ratio: 1 rice – 1 water. Depending on how new or old the rice is, the appropriate water ratio will be measured.
- Step 4: Cook the rice for 15-20 minutes, then use chopsticks to loosen the rice.
2. How to preserve rice
Similar to normal rice preservation, this type of rice is also preserved as follows:
- Rice needs to be stored in a cool, dry place.
- After opening the package, it should be stored in a plastic container, jar and tightly covered. This will prevent insects from entering, causing moisture…
- Do not place rice in a humid, windy area.
3. Some notes when using rice
When cooking and storing rice, we need to have some notes as follows:
- Do not rub the rice too hard during the washing process.
- Do not wash the rice with too much water, it will be easy to lose the nutrients inside the rice grain.</li >
- Do not store rice for more than 6 months.
- Rice should be stored in a dry place.
VII. Where to buy quality japonica rice
In the market, there are many reputable and quality rice suppliers. Besides, there are also some units that provide poor quality goods. To ensure that we can buy quality products, we need to find out reputable suppliers.
Thien Phu Si is one of the suppliers japonica rice prestige and quality in the market.
We are committed to providing clean, quality rice with clear origin and origin. Rice before being delivered to consumers will go through a rigorous quality inspection process. Only products that meet international standards will be marketed and exported. That’s why so many customers choose to buy rice at Thien Phu Si.
The price of the product is determined by many factors such as the price of rice, shipping costs… so the price of rice will often fluctuate. To ensure you receive accurate price information, please contact us immediately via hotline 0918 694 749. Thien Phu Si’s staff will always ready to support you 24/24.
Hopefully, through this article you will have a better understanding of the product line japonica rice japonica rice span>by Thien Phu Si. Know how to distinguish, cook rice as well as store rice properly. If you have a purchase need, please contact us immediately for timely support.
Thien Phu Si Joint Stock Company
Address: Lot C, D6 Street, Duc Hoa III Industrial Park – Viet Hoa, Duc Lap Ha Commune, Duc Hoa District, Long An span>
Hotline: 0918 694 749.